You've got invites, we've got outfits! Whether it’s a summer wedding, a day at the races or prom night, we’ve got your occasion wear covered...
This year, a pastel palette with eye-catching metallic accessories is the failsafe formula to make you the best-dressed guest. With that in mind, opt for candy-coloured acetate sunglasses, silver strap mules or a metallic faux snakeskin clutch. Ruffles and romantic silhouettes continue to be big trends this season, so pair a chiffon blouse with a pleated skirt for a cool two-piece look that you can incorporate seamlessly into your everyday wardrobe after the event. For hair bands or modern fascinators, head to Accessorize - the brand has been nailing expensive-looking accessories with a small price tag again this year.
1. Chiffon and pearl hair clip, £15, Accessorize
2. Pink side split maxi dress, £29.99, New Look
3. Chiffon blouse, £59, Studio by Preen at Debenhams
4. Pale blue floral skater dress, £24.99, New Look
5. Light pink cat eye sunglasses, £16, Faith at Debenhams
6. Pleated midi skirt £13, Primark
7. Multi strap mule sandals, £19.50, Marks and Spencer
8. Silver snake clutch, £8, Primark
With the line between formal and casual increasingly blurred, knowing what to wear for an event is more a matter of knowing what makes you feel good. So if you have a wedding, prom or big party coming up, you just need to decide where on the ‘formal spectrum’ you fall. Do you enjoy the chance to don a three-piece? Great! Or perhaps you favour a relaxed approach, and would suit a collarless or tropical print shirt with chinos and a blazer. These new ‘non rules’ mean that mixing and matching, or wearing laidback summer fabrics like linen are increasingly commonplace, instead of more traditional suits. Turn to classic accessories to elevate your look - like burgundy-coloured braces or a felt flower pinned onto your lapel.
1. Blue blazer, £58, Next
2. Burgundy herringbone braces, £10, Next
3. Large floral print shirt, £20, Burton at Outfit
4. Cotton grandad collar long sleeve shirt, £25, Next
5. Pale cream chinos, £40, River Island
6. Casual belt with stretch, £19.50, Marks and Spencer
7. Tan suede Carver loafers, £49, Topman at Outfit
8. Flower lapel pin, £10, Topman at Outfit