We're delighted to have presented the winner of our 'Dolly on the doorstep' competition with their much-deserved prize!
Nursery worker Sharon was nominated several times, which just goes to show how deserving she is. Despite a tough year, Sharon has continued to raise funds for Pilgrims Hospices, even handing over £76 raised from a Christmas jumper day on the day Dolly came to present the prize.
On the doorstep, Dolly sang Jolene, Holly Dolly Christmas, Winter Wonderland and 9 to 5 which is a firm favourite with the nursery workers.
She also presented Sharon with a £100 Love2Shop voucher, a hamper donated by M&S, a Costa coffee set, and goodies from Boots, Next and Clintons.
Here are just some of the reasons why people got in touch with us to nominate Sharon:
- 'She is the most amazing person ever'
- 'She is an amazing person thinking of the community and doing loads and despite her own major health issues but has still done loads for the kids in her nursery and family'
- 'Sharon is always helping others and is still doing charity work for cancer research and the hospice to raise money for these good causes'
- 'She is always putting others above herself going above and beyond and today is running for pilgrims hospice. Despite health struggles affecting herself and her family hugely, she never stops putting others first and supporting anyone who needs her help'
- 'I’m nominating a very good friend of Sharon who has helped me through so many dark and low places. She has a heart of gold it is the most caring person I know. She is a survivor and she deserves the world'
- 'This lady has also done 3 sponsor runs that I'm aware of during lockdown for charities such as pilgrims hospice and cancer research. I couldn’t think of someone more deserving especially as she is going through so much but still helping and putting everyone first'
- 'An inspiration to everyone, she has had a really rough time with her health but has not stopped with charity work such as sponsored runs and walks for local hospices in her area. Such a positive lady who always thinks of overs before herself! She really deserves something nice!'
Because we had so many fantastic nominations, we have created additional hampers for 10 further local heroes. From everyone at Westwood Cross, a huge thank you for everything you've done for the community this year.